Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Retiring

 I was hired at Emporia State to be half time Physics and half time Computer Science. Initially I taught  introductory computer science classes, Fortran programming, digital electronics, and computer interfacing as well as physics courses.* My research was in physics (plasma/fusion energy) but some of it was computational work, both hardware and software. After a few years there was a reorganization and Computer Science went with the Math Department while Physics went with Physical Sciences. At that point I went full time with Physics. For a few more years I taught digital electronics and computer interfacing as well as physics courses. My research became more computational.** Eventually Computer Science was transferred from the Math Department over to the Business School. In recent years I have taught purely physics courses while my research has become computer science/artificial intelligence.*** The computer interfacing became robotics research.

I have suggested to admin that this may be my final year. Admin has also proposed retiring the Physics Major at Emporia State.

* See my website, www.robert-w-jones.com, under "teacher."

** See my website, www.robert-w-jones.com, under "publications."

*** See this blog for the last 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment