Agarwal, et al argue (MIT Tech. Report AFRL-RI-RS-TR-2009-161) that a self-aware computer will have five major properties. It will:
1. Be introspective. Be able to observe and improve their own behavior.
2. Be adaptive. Be able to adapt to changing situations.
3. Be self-healing. Be able to correct if and when faults develop in themselves.
4. Be goal-oriented. Attempt to achieve or improve certain specified conditions.
5. Approximate. Perform its functions to within some degree of accuracy.
Asa H has all of these properties.