Thursday, February 6, 2014

AMBR, associative memory-based reasoning

Associative memory-based reasoning is a good four word description of my Asa AI so I recently bought a copy of Alexander Petrov's new book by the same name (Associative memory-based reasoning, A. Petrov, LAP Lambert, 2013).  I also have a copy of Petrov's PhD thesis which is partially about AMBR (A Dynamic Emergent Computational Model of Analogy-making, New Bulgarian Univ., 1998). Asa also does analogies, so that was also of interest.  Where my Asa programs are examples of "numerical AI" Petrov's AMBR programs are a more traditional symbolic/rule-based AI. There doesn't appear to be anything I can directly adapt and use.  Once again two people can be trying to do the same things but in very different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment